Yep, it's the Fairbanks Photographer Five on Friday. I don't know what that means, but I guess it sounds more official ;)
So as the past week has come & gone ... we are now 8 days (or more if you are reading this over the weekend) into the New Year ... the new decade. I didn't really give it much thought ... that whole "decade" part until I started reading some other blogs I enjoy and having that moment really sink in ... thinking back ten plus years. So I guess my five will be dedicated to that ... the decade theme...
In the past 10 years I've
- found the one I laugh with, live with, love
- officially at a Valentine's party, no less (and if you know me, I really don't celebrate Valentine's Day ha!)
- unofficially we were friends years before that ... at 18, wouldn't you know
- I've lived in at least 5 different states and began to follow my dream somewhere along the way
- I've become mama to two beautiful red heads (again, who knew!)
- all of that taking place right here, making them 5th generation Alaskans
- I'm a small business owner (my middle child ;) )
- and have spread my wings into mentoring (which I love)
- I've lost a grandmother-in-law & a grandfather, two of my favorite people that when they met for the first time, were like old friends
- in the past 10 years I can happily say that life has changed, good, bad & indifferent ... and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy 5 ;) and may your next 10 be worth remembering.